Pocket Rumble is a streamlined, beginner-friendly 2D fighting game inspired by classic fighters for the retro portable systems. It retains all the gameplay elements that make traditional 2D fighters great, but reduces the level of execution and memorization necessary to the bare minimum. Experienced players can learn the game fast and be able to focus on deeper elements of strategy and mind-games; new players can learn the ins and outs of fighting games without being overwhelmed. Everyone can get their skills to a competitive level without too much grinding alone in training mode.
- Simple, 2-button controls and universal, easy special move inputs with no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with easy timing and a straightforward cancel system
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties like invulnerability help players understand fighting game mechanics and how individual moves work
- Simple, unambiguous health and damage system: All characters have 12 HP and all hits do 1 damage
- Diverse cast of characters each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- Quickly swap characters after a lost round to counter-pick, just like between matches in a tournament, without slowing down the pace of the match
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode